Steve Jobs wore them and so did Sarah Palin. Rimless eyeglasses have long become a fashion statement thanks to their minimalistic appeal. If you are a natural beauty, why would you want to hide your face behind bulky frames, colored or patterned?
You would want your beauty to shine through by wearing rimless glasses. Also, they lend a mature, intellectual and sophisticated look most people so strive achieve.
What exactly are rimless eyeglasses
Rimless eyeglasses are a kind of glasses wherein the lenses are not secured within frames. There are two categories while talking about rimless eyeglasses, including three-piece and rimways. The former are made of lenses which are mounted on to a bridge with temple handles/arms. Rimways have an arch that joins the bridge and the temples and add further support to the lenses.
Interesting facts about rimless eyeglasses
- Rimless glasses are popular also because they come in a vast variety of lens sizes and shapes and lend themselves to customization. They are so lightweight that they are almost invisible. They are not only stylish, but also extremely comfortable to wear.
- A designer called Kazuo Kawasaki from Japan is said to have popularized rimless eyeglasses which are also called Kawasaki frames in the world of eyewear. However, rimless eyewear have been known to be in circulation even in the 1800s and the early 1900s. President Theodore Roosevelt’s pictures show him wearing rimless eyewear.
- Apart from aviators, rimless sunglasses are the ones that suit most facial shapes which is also one reason why they are so popular.
- If you the most stunning eyes or are an expert at eye make-up, you should opt for rimless glasses as they focus attention on your eyes. If you want prescription rimless glasses, and have different requirements for each eye, then, there will be a difference in lens thickness. In such a scenario you should not wear rimless glasses, as the difference can be seen.
- A variant of the rimless eyeglasses is the semi-rimless or half-rimless glasses. Semi-rimless frames are ones that have a strong outline on the top of the glasses (have only top of the front frame). Semi-rimless are for those who want a discreet look even while accentuating the upper part of the face. Semi-rimless are ideal for people who have a narrow face.
- Rimless eyewear make your view larger and help you see with greater clarity because they don’t have a front frame.
Make sure to have an eye exam every couple of years to maintain your optical health.