Caring for your contact lens is surprisingly simple. If you have just started wearing contact lenses after wearing prescription glasses for a long time or otherwise, it is only a matter of time before you get used to it. People who have worn contact lenses for a few months can clean and store their lenses in a few minutes. With these few steps, caring for your contact lenses will become simple.
Putting the lenses on
- Wash your hand with a disinfectant soap and rub the water off with a towel. Make sure that your nails are cut otherwise they may tear the lens or scratch your eyes.
- When you want to remove a lens from the case, use the index finger of your dominant hand.
- Place the lens in your other hand’s palm and put a few drops of the solution.
- Rub both the sides of the lens gently with some solution.
- After the lens is clean, wash it down with some solution.
- Place the lens on your index finger. Make sure that it is the right side up. Pull your eye brow up gently with your other hand and place the lens on your iris carefully.
Removing the lens
- Pull your eyebrows up again and use the index finger and thumb of your dominant hand to remove the lens.
- Before you place it in the case, rub the lens gently in the palm of your other hand. Later, wash it down.
- Place the lens in a fresh solution.
- Always change the solution when you use the lens again. Change the lens case once every three months. You can boil the lens case every month to kill any microorganisms. Never sleep with the contact lens on.